It is the goal of Project Clear Light to serve the spiritual needs of Buddhist and non-Buddhist offenders through the implementation of a faith-based Contemplative Practices Program of rehabilitation in correctional facilities.
To achieve this goal PCL will direct it’s efforts through the following Objectives:
- To work with state Chaplaincy Departments and regional and unit chaplains to implement a volunteer-sponsored Contemplative Practices Program within a Faith-Based Dorm program.
- To encourage and facilitate the recruitment and training of chaplaincy volunteers to sponsor programs in the prison environment.
- To generate and make available materials for use by chaplaincy volunteers, and to provide assistance to volunteers and institutional chaplains in implementing the Contemplative Practice Programs
- To cooperate with others in facilitating the establishment community based programs for ex-offenders.
- To continue to sponsor Buddhist prison programs with inmates, to generate and distribute materials to inmates, and continue the Lojong Correspondence Course that has been subscribed to by over 200 inmates.